Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Interview with Philippa Gregory on ‘The Kingmaker’s Daughter’

What made you choose to write about Anne Neville? 

 She absolutely embodies what happened to so many people in these turbulent 14 years of the War of the Roses. She’s on three different sides: York, then Lancaster, then York again. And she’s married to, or working with, the most powerful men of the period. And yet we hardly know anything about her. That makes her tremendously interesting to me, because once I put together her story, I can fictionalize it, I can bring it to life. In a way, I’m restoring a woman whom nobody knows and at least offering a version of her.

Click here to read the full interview from the Washington Post

Click here to see the Amazon.com page about The Kingmaker's Daughter